Are You Wanting to Improve Your Oral Hygiene and Enjoy a Healthier Smile? Do You Find Traditional Flossing Unreasonably Messy, Painful or Tiresome? If so, you might want to try Waterpik Cordless, a portable and convenient water flosser that can reach the areas that regular floss can’t. Do You Travel Frequent and Need an Easy Solution? No problem, Waterpik Cordless is rechargeable and comes with a travel bag and plug.
If any of these questions apply to you, a Waterpik cordless water flosser could be just what’s needed. Water flossers use pressurized water streams to efficiently and quickly remove plaque, bacteria and food debris from between your teeth and below your gumline – more efficiently than manual flossing! Studies have also proven its efficacy against gingivitis, periodontitis and tooth decay.
But with so many water flossers available today, how can you select the ideal model for you? In this article, we will examine the features, benefits, and drawbacks of Waterpik cordless water flosser as one of the leading and trusted brands in this industry. Additionally, we’ll offer tips on how best to use and maintain it so it offers optimal performance – ultimately leaving you with a clear idea as to whether this particular flosser meets your requirements or not.
What is the Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser?
Table of Contents
The Waterpik cordless water flosser is a battery-operated handheld device that delivers a pulsating jet of water directly onto your teeth and gums. It has a water reservoir capable of holding enough for one minute of flossing; and features an adjustable 360 degree rotating nozzle to reach all parts of your mouth. Furthermore, four different tips can be used for different tasks, including general cleaning, plaque removal, orthodontic care, and tongue cleaning.
The Waterpik cordless water flosser offers two pressure settings – high and low. Most users should opt for the high setting as this provides optimal results, while those with sensitive teeth or gums or who are new to water flossing should choose low setting. Furthermore, its dual water control system enables users to quickly switch on/off water flow with just a click either on its handle or its tip button.
The Waterpik cordless water flosser is designed to be both portable and easy to use, with a lightweight, compact, ergonomic body. It comes complete with a travel bag for convenience as well as a leakage plug to prevent any leakage of liquid through its ports. You can charge it either via USB cable or AC adapter and an LED indicator shows battery status; use it in either your shower or over your sink with full confidence that its waterproof design makes rinsing safe under running water.
What are the Benefits of the Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser?
The Waterpik cordless water flosser offers many advantages to both oral health and overall wellbeing. Here are a few main benefits associated with its use:
- PlaqueBlastTM removes up to 99.9% of plaque from treated areas, helping lower risks associated with cavities, gum disease and bad breath.
- Massage and stimulating your gums is proven to increase blood circulation, strengthen gum tissue, and improve gum health.
- Water flossers provide deep cleaning that reaches between teeth and below gumlines that traditional brushing and flossing cannot reach, to eliminate harmful bacteria and inflammation buildup that might otherwise accumulate there.
- Its gentle yet comfortable operation makes it ideal for people with sensitive teeth or gums, or who have undergone dental work such as braces, implants, crowns or bridges.
- It’s convenient and simple to use; all it requires are batteries, no cords or outlets and water tanks – perfect for traveling and use any time and any place! Just a few minutes can complete your flossing routine!
- Flossing can be enjoyable and fulfilling, offering a refreshing and fulfilling feeling after every use. Plus, you can customize your experience by choosing from various tips and pressure settings!
What are the Drawbacks of the Water Flosser?
The Waterpik cordless water flosser does not come without its share of drawbacks, however. Here are a few potential disadvantages associated with its use:
- It comes equipped with a small water reservoir that must be constantly replenished – an inconvenience and time waster, while some users may find its capacity insufficient for thorough cleaning.
- With its short battery life – four days on full charge – this device requires regular charging to maintain optimal performance and track its battery level. Users may experience decreased water pressure as their charge wanes.
- Toiletries that create noise and mess when in use can be noisy and embarrassing for those sharing bathrooms, particularly if there’s loud whirring noise and water splashing all around. Some users may find this distracting or embarrassing when used without proper precaution.
- An electric flosser can be prohibitively costly to buy and maintain, costing more than regular manual flossers and needing replacement tips every three to six months. Furthermore, users may experience issues related to its durability or quality such as leaks, cracks or malfunctions that require replacement tips every few months.
How to Use the Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser Properly?
For optimal use of your Waterpik cordless water flosser, it is important to follow its manufacturer’s instructions and use it properly. Here are some general guidelines on how you can effectively utilize this device:
- Charge the device fully prior to its first use and whenever its battery indicator flashes red; full charging typically takes four hours.
- Fill your water reservoir with warm water, attaching your desired tip, and adding antibacterial rinse to give an added freshness and protection boost. You may even consider combining two solutions if desired for maximum effectiveness!
- Lean over the sink and insert the tip of your toothbrush in your mouth, closing your lips lightly to keep some water from flowing out while still allowing some to enter through your mouth into the sink.
- Turn the device on, select your preferred pressure setting, and begin with low setting if you are new to water flossing or have sensitive teeth or gums.
- Attain a 90-degree angle between your gumline and tip to gently slide it along your teeth. Pause briefly between each tooth so water can flush away any plaque or debris, and don’t press too hard against teeth or gums as this could damage or discomfort them.
- Make sure to floss both the front and back of each tooth, including behind your last molars. Additionally, the tongue cleaner tip can help eliminate bacteria build-up on your tongue to refresh and refresh your breath.
- Once finished flossing, turn off and eject the tip from your device before rinsing your mouth with water or mouthwash to eliminate any remaining particles or residue from flossing.
- Begin by emptying your water reservoir and thoroughly rinsing both the device and tip with clean water. Use a soft cloth to wipe down both pieces before storing in a cool and dry location for future use; replace tips every three to six months as necessary.
The Waterpik cordless water flosser is an invaluable device for anyone seeking to improve their oral hygiene and enjoy a healthier smile. More effective, comfortable, and convenient than manual flossing, it can help treat or prevent various oral health conditions while saving time on rinsing between use. However, its drawbacks include its small water reservoir, limited battery life, noisy operation, high cost maintenance fee as well as noisy operation that requires regular adjustments – before making a purchasing decision it is wiser to carefully consider its merits before purchasing one!
If you’re curious about purchasing a Waterpik cordless water flosser, visit its official website or local dental or health store. Read online reviews from users for additional insights into what the product can do and get feedback from fellow consumers before using. It is best to consult your dentist first as some medical conditions could prevent you from being suitable candidates for the device.
We hope that this article has provided you with an informative guide of the Waterpik cordless water flosser. If any questions or feedback arises, feel free to leave them below – thanks for reading and happy flossing!