GOOGLE Full Form: Global Organization of Oriented Group Language
There is some debate as to whether Google has a full form or is simply a word coined by the company’s founder. Officially, Google does not have a complete form. It is derived from the term “googol,” which means “infinite.”
The word “googol” refers to a number consisting of one followed by one hundred zeros.
What is the GOOGLE Full Form
Googel full form (Global Organization of Oriented Group Language) Google Inc. is a multinational firm headquartered in the United States. It is now the most widely used search engine for Internet-related services and goods. Online advertising technologies, cloud computing, search engines, and software are the company’s major functional areas. Aside from that, Google is the most widely used search engine on the planet.
Google offers a wide range of services, including Google Docs, Adwords, Adsense, Youtube, Gmail, and many others.
Google’s Brief History
- In 1996, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, both Ph.D. students at Stanford University, began Google as a research project. They developed a new technology called PageRank to determine the relevancy of a website.
- Google Corporation was founded in September 1998, after the domain google.com was registered on September 14, 1997.
- In the year 2000, Google began selling adverts, resulting in the creation of Google Adwords/Adsense. These ads were created using the pay-per-click model, which means you only get paid if someone clicks on your ad link.
- In September 2001, the term PageRank was patented. In the same year, Larry Page stepped down as Google’s CEO, and Eric Schmidt was named the new CEO.
- Gmail, Google’s free web-based email service, was launched in 2004.
- Google Earth and Google Maps were introduced in 2005.
- It launched Google Video, a new search tool, in 2006. It allowed users to look for videos on the internet.
- Google released Android, an open platform for mobile devices, in 2007.
- The Google Chrome browser was released on September 2, 2008.