Convergent Coffee gives tips to fans of coffee for free, learn how!: A good and hot cup of coffee in the morning can certainly set your mood for the entire day. You may think that brewing good coffee is a straightforward task and all you need to do is to pour some amount of water and heat it at a proper temperature and then pour the properly portioned ground coffee into the hot water to extract the best flavor of it. But preparing the best coffee is not so easier than what you think about. That is the reason why Convergent Coffee has come up with some excellent tips that help you to make the best and delicious coffee.
Convergent Coffee gives tips to fans of coffee for free, learn how!
Tips to make the best coffee at home
The following are some essential tips that you can implement while preparing coffee at home:
- Buying fresh beans: If you want to make delicious coffee at home the first thing that you must concentrate is on the quality of the coffee. You should always try to choose the best coffee available on the market. That is why it is always recommended to purchase coffee from the local roaster as they can surely provide you the freshest beans of coffee. Whenever you purchase coffee beans focus on the quality-conscious roasters and ensure that it is properly sealed in vacuum bags. Apart from that, you should always avoid buying bulk coffee from the supermarket.
- Keeping coffee beans fresh: It is not enough to purchase good coffee beans but you must also store the coffee bean in an airtight container. You can either use glass canning jar or ceramic storage crocks that have rubber-gasket seals. Again you should never refrigerate that jar where you have kept the coffee beans. Flavor experts suggest keeping the jar of fresh beans at room temperature.
- Grinding the coffee beans: It is generally seen that the coffee beans start losing its quality immediately after grinding. But since you cannot make coffee without grinding it is always better to grind the coffee beans at home just before making the coffee. Nowadays you will get espresso machine at an affordable price that can grind the coffee beans.
- Using good water: Another most essential ingredient that is highly associated with making good coffee is water. Many people do not think that water can ruin your coffee. But if you use tap water that contains chlorine and off-flavor then the taste of the coffee will certainly destroy. Apart from that you should never use distilled or softened water as it can make the coffee taste terrible.
- Avoiding using a cheaper filter: As per the expert, bargain-priced paper coffee always yields the inferior coffee. Hence, it is always suggested to use oxygen-bleached or dioxin-free paper filters for making good and fresh coffee. However, it is always better if you can use long-lived gold-plated filter paper.
- Taking the proper amount of coffee: If you want to make delicious coffee you must know the amount of coffee that you need to pour on the water. If you want to make delicious coffee it is always needed to give 2 tablespoons of coffee per 6-ounce cup or you can at best pour 2 ¾ tablespoons of coffee per 8-ounce cup. However, there is another trick that most people do not know and it is if you use hotter water then you have to use less coffee.
- Heating the coffee only at proper temperature: You must remember that if you put the coffee on the water that is too hot then the coffee will taste bitter rather than pleasant since hot water will extract some essential compounds from the coffee beans. Experts say that the proper brewing temperature for making tasty and delicious coffee is 2000 F. When the coffee is brewed try to have it immediately since you can never expect any coffee to hold its best flavor for too long. Apart from that, you must know that reheating or boiling too much or prolonged holding on a warming platform such as flux or hot water bottle can also make the coffee bitter and foul-tasting.
These are some essential tips that you must follow to prepare the best and delicious coffee at your home.