Home Entertainment Actress Lauren Smith Fields’ Family Files Lawsuit Against Police Department

Lauren Smith Fields’ Family Files Lawsuit Against Police Department


Lauren Smith Fields was a 26 year old mother of two, who died on February 15, 2014, after being shot in the back. She was found unconscious on the side of the road.

The autopsy report revealed that her heart rate had dropped to a mere 86 beats per minute and her blood pressure was only a fraction of what it should have been. Her family has filed a lawsuit against the police department, alleging that their rights had been violated.

autopsy results

A 23-year-old Black woman in Connecticut died unexpectedly and was pronounced dead after an apparent overdose. Autopsy results revealed Lauren Smith-Fields died from acute intoxication due to alcohol and drugs.

Her family has expressed outrage and frustration with the way the police handled the case.

In the days after her death, the man who met her on a dating app contacted police. The man told them that he and Smith-Fields had been drinking tequila, and that she had gone to the bathroom for about 15 minutes. At the time, no charges were filed.

The toxicology report showed that Smith-Fields had a large amount of fentanyl and promethazine in her system. She also had alcohol and hydroxyzine in her system.

These drugs are known to cause acute intoxication, but the report didn’t say how they got into her system.

After the autopsy, the Bridgeport Police Department opened a criminal investigation.

The police said they didn’t know why the department had opened the investigation, but it was one day after the autopsy results.

Last person to see her alive

After the death of 23-year-old Lauren Smith-Fields, her family is calling for justice. They believe the last person to see her alive was the man who called 911 on her behalf.

However, the man has not been identified by police and is not being charged.

According to NBC News, the man who called 911 to report a “dead” woman was a 37-year-old white man.

He claimed to have known Smith-Fields for three days. But the man has not been named a suspect or questioned by Bridgeport police.

A narcotics and vice squad has been tasked with the case. The department will also call on the federal Drug Enforcement Administration for assistance.

Several items were found at the scene. For instance, a condom with semen was found in Smith-Fields’ apartment.

An unusual pill was also discovered in Smith-Fields’ apartment. In fact, there were several pills found.

Lauren’s family has a suspicion that the man who called 911 was involved in her death. According to their lawyer, they want to find out what happened next.

More articles:

Last person to hear her snore

Lauren Smith-Fields was a 23-year-old college student who loved fashion and travel. She had dreams of becoming a physical therapist. But she died unexpectedly from an overdose of alcohol and drugs.

A young man, Matthew LaFountain, is the last person to see her alive. He called 911 when she was unresponsive, and told police that he had taken tequila shots with Smith-Fields the night before.

LaFountain said he had met Smith-Fields on the dating app Bumble. They drank until 3 a.m., at which time he fell asleep on the couch next to her. At some point, he woke up to see blood coming out of her nose.

Despite her not breathing, he continued to drink. Eventually, he found Smith-Fields unconscious, lying on her side with blood dripping from her nose.

The medical examiner said Smith-Fields had been dead for at least an hour.

After the call, LaFountain was frantic. Luckily, he was able to find her cell phone and credit cards.

Lawsuit accuses police of violating family’s civil rights

The family of a Black man who was murdered in Minneapolis in 2020 is suing the city of Minneapolis and its former police officer. George Floyd’s family said the police violated his constitutional rights.

The lawsuit says the city has failed to develop adequate policies to protect against excessive use of force. It also says Black drivers are more likely to be targeted than whites.

A third family has sued the city of Raleigh, North Carolina. The three families have lost loved ones in police chases. But one attorney plans to settle with the city. He’s hoping to get body cam footage.

Two of the cases involved the Progreso Police Department. One case was filed against the chief and another against a former police officer.

In both cases, the plaintiffs allege that the officers were knowingly violating their civil rights.

Ryan Gadison’s mother-in-law was 54 when she was arrested. She was on her way to a dinner party for her fiance. The woman was driving her daughter’s car.