Google Maps really are a lifesaver with regards to travelling because it is one of the most dependable source of navigation. You need a good and steady web connection for the Maps to work efficiently. But, in our country we usually have bandwidth problems which leads to a patchy web connection which typically leaves us in the middle of nowhere. However, the navigation app has an option for that too.
How to use Google Maps offline on Android and iOS
Therefore, if you are packing up for a journey or are going to another city, then you can certainly use the offline Maps feature provided by Google. The feature allows you to download the map of any place so that you use it without having a working web connection.Thus, this is the tutorial to download the Google Maps offline for both Android and iOS users.
Download the map to use offline on iPad and iPhone
1. On your iPad or iPhone, open the Google Maps app.
2. Confirm that you’re connected to the Internet and signed into Google Maps.
3. Look for a place, such as Jaipur.
4. Below, tap the name or address of the place and then tap More.
5. Choose Download offline map.
Download a map to use offline on Android system
1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.
2. Be sure that you’re connected to the internet and signed into Google Maps.
3. Look for a place, such as Udaipur.
4. At the end, tap the name or address of the place and after that Download. If you looked for a location just like a restaurant, tap More and after that Download offline map.
Once you download a map, use the Google Maps app exactly like you normally would. If your Web connection is slow or absent, Google Maps will use your offline maps to provide you directions.