How to fix Over watch voice chat not working, in Windows 10?: Hi, Friends Today I am going to share some interesting information on the topic of How to fix Over watch voice chat when its not working, in Windows 10?
Please go through the article and enjoy reading it.
How to fix Over watch voice chat when its not working on Windows 10?
Watch through without the voice chat is certainly not enjoyable. One is sure to feel intensely irritated when the feature is no working. Fortunately, we will show one how to fix the Over watch voice chat problems after the Windows 10 update.
1. Here is how to troubleshoot the Over watch voice chat not working:
2. Check the microphone or headset
3. Over watch in-game audio settings
4. Update the PC’s audio driver
5. Set the default devices on the PC
6. Disable the PC Audio Device Exclusive
Read through this detailed explanation of how to apply each option. If the first method does not work, then try the next one until the voice chat starts working.
Option 1: Check the Microphone or Headset.
The very first step is to check the hardware.
The issue could be as simple as:
1. The headset or microphone is not plugged in or is loosely plugged in.
2. The mute switch on the headset or microphone is pressed.
Once one should check those two issues. Then confirm if Over watch voice chat is working.
Option 2: Check the Over watch In-game Audio Settings
The issue could be the audio settings in Over watch.
Changing the settings can instantly bring voice chat back to life. Follow these simple steps to fix it:
1. Open Over watch, then click Options and select Sound.
2. Turn up the sound on the microphone or speakers to an audible level.
3. Ensure that the TEAM VOICE CHAT and GROUP VOICE CHAT are set to AUTO JOIN.
4. Make sure the right devices are selected for the VOICE CHAT DEVICES.
5. Change the Key bind for Voice Chat. If the voice chat is set to “Push To Talk”. That means changing “Push to Talk” to a different key in the Controls menu.
6. After doing that, join the team chat. Now, test to see if the Over watch voice chat issue is resolved.
Option 3: Update the PC’s Audio Driver
After trying the previous method, what if the voice chat is still not working in Over watch on Windows 10?
Well, if the simple changes in Over watch did not help. It is now time to do a more in-depth investigation of the real cause.
Start by investigating the most basic requirement for the audio to work on Windows 10. The PC’s audio driver. One may have the wrong audio driver. It could be out of date. This means searching online for the right audio driver and also installing it.
However, a more convenient and safe way to go about is to use the Auslogics Driver Updater. This way, one will easily update the driver with one click. To know that one has installed the right driver that won’t harm the computer.
Why use the Auslogics Driver Updater? Here are a few reasons:
1. For more Convenient and easy driver updates with just one click.
2. It prevents driver conflicts and ensures a smooth hardware operation.
3. It automatically detects the system and also identifies the correct drivers suited to it.
4. No worry about installing the wrong drivers. Understanding the system requirements.
5. Free scan for missing or outdated drivers.
6. In just a one-click download all necessary drivers with the Pro version.
7. With just 24/7 support with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
8. It is Creates backups for safety. So one can go back to previous drivers if one wishes.
So, here is the simple process of using Auslogics Driver Updater to update the PC’s audio driver:
1. Download and install Auslogics Driver Updater.
2. Once one runs Auslogics Driver Updater, it starts scanning the computer for missing or outdated drivers.
3. After scanning, Auslogics Driver Updater presents a list of the drivers one needs.
4. One can click to update all, or select the PC audio driver only and update it. If one has not already bought the premium version. Then one will be redirected to a payment page.
5. After activating the premium version, Auslogics Driver Updater updates the drivers.
6. Once the drivers are updated, one can now restart the computer.
7. When the computer comes back on, check if the Over watch voice chats not working problem is fixed.
Option 4: Set the PC’s Default Devices
If updating the audio driver does not help, then there could be a problem in the PC’s settings.
It may be that the Windows computer had detected the audio device automatically. When one plugged it in but had not set it as the default playback device. This means one will have to manually set the default devices for input and output audio devices.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Start by exiting Over watch.
2. Press Windows key + R on the keyboard. On the tab that appears, type “mmsys.cpl” with no quotations, then press Enter.
3. In the window that appears, go to the Playback tab. Identify the speaker or headphones that one will use. Right-click on it, then select the Default device.
4. Right-click and just select Disable on all devices. Except for the one, you want to set as the default device.
5. Now go to the Recording tab. Identify the speaker or headphones that one will use. Right-click on it and select the Default device.
6. Then Click OK.
After doing that, relaunch Over watch and join a voice chat to see if the voice chat is not working issue is sorted.
Option 5: Disable PC Audio Device Exclusive Mode
If the PC default audio device settings did not help. One probably has a third-party app preventing Over watch from using the audio devices.
This means one has to disable the exclusive mode of the speakers, headset, or microphone.
Follow these simple steps:
1. In the window which opens up, just go to the Playback tab. Identify the default device, then right-click it, and just select Properties.
2. In the Properties window, just click on the Advanced tab. Locate ‘Allow the application to take exclusive control of this device and uncheck it.
3. Click Apply, then OK.
Once that is done, go to Over watch and just check if the voice chat issue is resolved.
When one should apply these changes systematically. Then one is sure to find the issue without wasting too much time. Apply the options one by one. Starting with the most obvious problems. Before begin with more in-depth changes on the computer. Which might be unnecessary.
So, this is the important information on the topic of How to fix Over watch voice chat not working on Windows 10?
If any Queries or Questions is persisting then, please comment on the viewpoints.