Dil Bechara Hit or Flop? mes Dil Bechara, released in 2020 as an Hindi romantic drama film featuring Sushant Singh Rajput and Sanjana Sanghi in lead roles, is inspired by John Green’s 2012 novel The Fault in Our Stars and directed by debutant Mukesh Chhabra for Fox Star Studios. Disney+ Hotstar premiered it as a tribute to Sushant Singh Rajput who died by suicide on June 14, 2020.
Box Office Performance
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Dil Bechara decided not to release theatrically; rather it sold to Disney+ Hotstar for an estimated 50 crores1. As a gesture of goodwill, this film was made free available for everyone both subscriber and nonsubscriber alike on Disney+ Hotstar platform.
Hotstar reported that Dil Bechara earned 95 million views within 24 hours after being made available online; this marks a new record for any Indian film on an OTT platform1. If this film had opened theatrically with ticket prices set at $100 per seat, it would have generated over Rs950 crores1.
IMDb gave it 9.8 stars out of 10, which is an extraordinary achievement; currently it holds 9.3 stars rating on IMDb and an 89% score on Rotten Tomatoes.
Analysts estimate the box office earnings of Dil Bechara at about 2000 crores2. A.R. Rahman, the composer who composed music for the movie, also shared its success on Twitter by tweeting about its box office performance and applauding its cast’s performances2.
Dil Bechara received generally positive reviews from critics and audiences alike. Critics praised its emotional quotient, performances, direction, music, tribute to Sushant Singh Rajput as well as comparison to Hollywood adaptation starring Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort.
Some of the critics who provided positive reviews include
- Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave it four out of five stars and wrote, “A gorgeous love story that will tug at your heartstrings; an exceptional film that will stay with you long after its viewing.”
- Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express awarded Dil Bechara three out of five stars and commented, “Dil Bechara only serves to further make us miss Sushant Singh Rajput even more.
- Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave this film three out of five stars and wrote, “Dil Bechara is an intimate yet emotionally moving tale about love in times of turmoil.
Critics who provided negative reviews include
- Rohit Vats from News18 gave it two out of five stars and wrote, “Dil Bechara is an unremarkable remake that pales in comparison with its source material.”
- Shalini Langer from The Hindu rated Dil Bechara two stars out of five and said, “Dil Bechara is an insufficient adaptation that doesn’t capture the essence of its source material.
- Anupama Chopra of Film Companion gave Dil Bechara two stars out of five and wrote, “Dil Bechara is an unsatisfying farewell to a talented star.
FAQ: The Ultimate Guide to Your Questions
Q: Is Dil Bechara based on a true story?
A: No, Dil Bechara is inspired by John Green’s novel The Fault in Our Stars.
Q: Will Dil Bechara be Sushant Singh Rajput’s last film?
A: Yes, Dil Bechara was Sushant Singh Rajput’s last film before taking his own life on June 14, 2020.
Q: Where can I watch Dil Bechara?
A: Yes! Dil Bechara can be found for free streaming on Disney+ Hotstar.
Q: Who are the actors featured in Dil Bechara?
A: Dil Bechara stars Sushant Singh Rajput as Manny, Sanjana Sanghi as Kizie, Sahil Vaid as JP and Saswata Chatterjee as Kizie’s father while Swastika Mukherjee serves as Kizie’s mother – all played by Saif Ali Khan’s Abhimanyu Veer character.
Q: Who is the Director of Dil Bechara?
A: Dil Bechara was directed by Mukesh Chhabra, who is also a casting director and making his directorial debut with this film.
Stay tuned to Chopnews for the latest scoops and updates of Latest News, Technology News, Business News, World News and Entertainment News.