Click is a 2006 American comedy-drama film directed by Frank Coraci and starring Adam Sandler, Kate Beckinsale, Christopher Walken and David Hasselhoff. The plot of Click revolves around an overworked architect who finds an unexpected magic remote control to control his life – with unexpected results.
Click Movie Cast: The Ultimate Guide to the Stars of the Comedy-Drama
Table of Contents
This article introduces the cast and crew of Click, their roles within it, as well as providing some trivia about this film.
Have you ever wished life were faster paced, enabling you to skip to the good parts quicker? Michael Newman in Click is certain that purchasing an unknown seller’s universal remote control will do exactly that; yet quickly realizes he is missing out on important moments that cannot be changed later.
Click is an innovative film which seamlessly combines comedy, drama, fantasy and sci-fi elements into its plot to explore themes including family life, work life balance and choice. Click boasts some of Hollywood’s biggest stars like Adam Sandler, Kate Beckinsale Christopher Walken and David Hasselhoff as main actors in its cast.
This article introduces the cast of Click, their roles in the film, and fascinating facts about them. Furthermore, we will answer frequently asked questions regarding both them and its production team.
1. Adam Sandler as Michael Newman
Adam Sandler plays Michael Newman, an architect who’s become stressed out due to work commitments. Thanks to Morty, Michael receives a universal remote control with which he hopes to manage every aspect of his life and avoid arguments, illnesses, or traffic jams; yet soon finds that it’s losing track of important events and control.
Adam Sandler is one of Hollywood’s best-loved comedians, known for roles such as Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, The Waterboy, Big Daddy/Mr Deeds 50 First Dates/The Longest Yard; Grown Ups/Just Go with It/Hotel Transylvania Uncut Gems among many others. Happy Madison Productions was also founded to produce movies produced by Hubie Halloween such as Click.
Adam Sandler and his role as Click are known for some entertaining facts:
- He received nominations for both Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy and Razzie Awards as Worst Actor for his performance in Click, where he gained 25 pounds for this role.
- umplut Newman is named in honor of Allen Covert from Anger Management.
- Click performed all his own stunts himself for this role.
2. Kate Beckinsale as Donna Newman
Kate Beckinsale stars as Donna Newman, Michael’s wife and mother to Ben and Samantha Newman. As Donna struggles to balance work as a real estate agent with family life, she becomes frustrated with his absence and lack of attention – eventually growing apart as the marriage progresses more rapidly than expected.
Kate Beckinsale is an English actress best known for her roles in movies such as Much Ado About Nothing, Underworld, Van Helsing, The Aviator and Serendipity Pearl Harbor Love & Friendship the Only Living Boy In New York.
- Kate Beckinsale first became well-known through her role as Click in Click: she made appearances as Emma on Emma, The Widow in The Morning Show and even Emma. Plus, more trivia about Kate from Click.
- She earned two nominations: one at Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Actress: Comedy for her work in Click, as well as being nominated as Worst Screen Couple with Adam Sandler due to their collaboration on Click. For some scenes she even donned a fat suit and prosthetic makeup.
- She previously worked with Adam Sandler in The Waterboy (1998) as his love interest’s college roommate; additionally she and Christopher Walken collaborated in The Last Days of Disco (1998) in both father-daughter roles respectively.
3. Christopher Walken as Morty
Christopher Walken appears as Morty, an eccentric salesperson at Bed Bath & Beyond who gives Michael the remote control. Claiming to be an angel of death testing his choices in life, Morty warns him against using it improperly and attempts to correct any mistakes with its use that might occur.
Christopher Walken, who won an Academy Award, is known for appearing in over 100 movies and television shows – such as: The Deer Hunter; Annie Hall; Pulp Fiction; Batman Returns; Catch Me If You Can; Hairspray and The Jungle Book to name but a few.
He is widely recognized for his unique voice and comedic abilities.
Christopher Walken played Click in Click, as follows. Below is some trivia about him and the film:
- He earned both Saturn (Best Supporting Actor) and Razzie Awards nominations (Worst Supporting Actor), with many of his lines from Click being written spontaneously by himself.
- He first worked with Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer (1998) as his former flame; as well as David Hasselhoff in The Country Bears (2002) in which they both played musicians vying against one another.
4. David Hasselhoff as John Ammer
David Hasselhoff plays John Ammer, Michael’s boss at an architecture firm. Ammer is an overly demanding boss who continually pushes Michael to work overtime and take on additional projects; taking credit for all his hard work while taking full advantage of Michael’s talents – one of his primary sources of stress in Michael’s life.
David Hasselhoff is an internationally acclaimed actor, singer, producer, and businessman, best known for his roles on Baywatch, Knight Rider and The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Additionally, he has featured in films like DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story; Click; Piranha 3DD and Guardians of the Galaxy.
He has released various albums and performed on Broadway.
Here is some trivia about David Hasselhoff and his role in Click.
- He received nominations for both a Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor in Click, and MTV Movie Award for Best Fight Between Adam Sandler and Himself for Click.
- Adam Sandler agreed to strike Its He, as long as they could retaliate by striking back – something which eventually happened in Click.
- He first collaborated with Adam Sandler in The Waterboy (1998) as his adversarial coach; additionally, they shared roles as musicians in The Country Bears (2002).
Other Cast Members: The Actors Behind the Supporting Roles
Click features an ensemble cast including:
- Henry Winkler plays Ted Newman, Michael’s father who suffers from Alzheimer’s; Julie Kavner portrays Trudy Newman, his loving mother; Sean Astin is seen as Bill Rando who becomes obsessed with Donna.
- Joseph Castanon stars as Ben Newman at 7 years old – Michael and Donna’s son who enjoys magic tricks; Jonah Hill portrays him at 17 (overweight and rebellious); Jake Hoffman plays Ben Newman between 22-30 as Michael and Donna’s successful and caring son.
- Tatum McCann played Samantha Newman – Michael and Donna’s daughter who enjoyed ballet – when she was only five. Lorraine Nicholson later took on this character at 14 as Michael and Donna’s daughter who was moody and sarcastic.
- Katie Cassidy plays Samantha Newman at 27 years old; Michael and Donna’s beautiful and kind daughter; Cameron Monaghan as Kevin O’Doyle from their neighboring house who bullies Michael; Jennifer Coolidge as Janine from Ammer’s secretary who flirts with Michael; Rachel Dratch plays Alice/Alan, Michael Newman’s co-worker who changes gender due to an environmental remote.
- Sophie Monk appears as Stacy (Ammer’s mistress who seduced Michael Newman), Michelle Lombardo as Linda who dates Ben and Jana Kramer as Julie Newman who eventually marries Michael Newman.
- Nick Swardson plays Bed Bath & Beyond Guy, an employee who introduces Michael and Morty. Sid Ganis stars as Dr. Bergman; Dolores O’Riordan stars as Singer from the Cranberries performing at Julie’s wedding.
Click is an engaging film that perfectly blends humor, emotion, fantasy and sci-fi to tell its tale of one man learning to appreciate life and family. Boasting an outstanding cast who vividly bring each of their characters to life – you won’t want to miss this flick if you enjoy movies that make you laugh, cry and think all at the same time! Give Click a chance. You won’t regret it.
FAQ: The Ultimate Guide To Your Questions
Q: Does Click represent an actual story?
A: No, Click is not based on any actual events; rather it was fictionalised by Steve Koren and Mark O’Keefe and written as fiction.
Q: Where did Click come from?
A: Click is not based on any particular book; rather it was developed as an original screenplay by Steve Koren and Mark O’Keefe.
Q: Does Click appear on Netflix?
A: As of April 2023, no such evidence exists.