Last updated on January 16th, 2023 at 05:40 pm
Cost and Requirements to Pursue a Masters in International Business in Canada: Canada is among one of the major global players in higher studies. It is the second most popular destination for Indian students who are eager to enhance their knowledge in a global setting. So, some of the top factors for attracting students from all over the world are world-class education & training, multicultural & tolerant society, and the immigration-friendly system.
Cost and Requirements to Pursue a Masters in International Business in Canada
Students who have already completed bachelors from their native country, they can study Masters in International Business at Canadian top-ranked institutes. It’s a full-time program whose curriculum ranges from the global economy to cross-cultural leadership and provide skills required to compete in the global market. Students can study in Canada with scholarships as it helps them to complete their course without any pressure.
Masters of International Business: Admission Requirements
It is right to say that Canadian universities are cheaper than American Universities and admissions in Canadian university is relatively easier, but getting in top 3-4 universities is tough. So, have a look on the requirements that students need to fulfill before getting admission in the desired institute.
- A bachelor degree in business from an accredited university with an average of B+ (equivalent to 75%).
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited university with an average of B+ (equivalent to 75%).
- Students must have completed introductory business courses in areas like financial accounting, Macroeconomics, Introduction to finance, and Introduction to marketing.
English Language Requirement for International Students
If your first language is not English and you want to go abroad for further studies, then you must provide evidence of fluency in English. The minimum test scores accepted by the institutes are as following:
- TOEFL paper-based: 575
- TOEFL Internet Based: 90
- Minimum TOEFL section requirements: Listening 20; Speaking 20; Reading 20; Writing 20
- IELTS band score: overall 6.5 not less than 6.0
- MELAB minimum scores: 90
Documents Required for Applying for Canada Study Visa
- Attested copies of mark sheets of 10th, 12th & Graduate Degree (if applicable)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency
- Other Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (If required)
- Two academic references
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Passport sized photographs
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
- Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
Note: Documents required for individual universities may vary.
Master of International Business: Cost
The overall cost for pursuing a Master in International Business is something between CAD $16,250 (INR 8.5 Lacs) and CAD $28,650 (INR 15 Lacs) annually. Tuition fee in Canadian universities is less as compared to US universities. However, this cost range will vary according to the institution and program in which the applicant enrolled, their location and living expenses. For international students, the tuition fee will vary across provinces and programs.
The following table shows the cost of the Master of International business program offered by some colleges:
|University Name||Amount in Canadian Dollar (CAD)||Amount in Indian Rupees (Rs.)|
|University of Regina||21,432||11,49,184|
|University of Alberta||16,520||8,85,802|