Boxing News 24: Boxing is one of the world’s most beloved and thrilling sports, drawing millions of enthusiasts worldwide. If you are an occasional follower or an ardent enthusiast of boxing, chances are that you are interested in knowing about its latest matches, results and analyses. In this article we provide some of the latest updates in boxing news as well as analysis that could interest you – topics include:
Table of Contents
There are a host of exciting fights scheduled over the coming months, featuring some of the top names and talents in sports. Below are a few must-see bouts you should not miss:
- Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder III: The WBC heavyweight champion Fury will meet former champion Wilder for a trilogy fight at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on October 9th 2021. Their initial fight ended in a controversial draw while in their second clash, Fury was victorious after dominating and stopping Wilder in seven rounds. Expect this final showdown between rivals to be explosively thrilling and ultimately decisive They have exchanged heated words and accusations during build-up.
- Terence Crawford Vs Shawn Porter: Terence Crawford, the reigning WBO welterweight champion, will defend his title against former two-time champ Shawn Porter on November 20, 2021 at a location yet to be determined. Crawford is widely regarded as one of the premier fighters at his weight class with 37 victories and 28 knockouts to his credit, while Porter is a tough and experienced challenger who has faced some of the top names such as Errol Spence Jr, Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia among others.
- Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant: will battle it out for the undisputed super middleweight championship on November 6th at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Alvarez is widely considered as the world’s best fighter, having amassed 56 wins with one loss and two draws among his 56 victories and 38 knockouts; these include Gennady Golovkin, Miguel Cotto and Sergey Kovalev as powerful opponents. Plant is undefeated with 21 victories and 12 knockouts under his belt with 21 victories with 12 knockouts under his belt who believes he has what it takes to topple Alvarez from his perch.
There have been some exciting and surprising results over the last several months, featuring some of the world’s greatest fighters demonstrating their talents and prowess. Below are a few notable results that you should know:
- Manny Pacquiao Vs Yordenis Ugas: On August 21st at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao lost his WBA Welterweight Title via unanimous decision against Cuban Champion Yordenis Ugas by an unanimous decision. Pacquiao had originally planned on facing Errol Spence Jr. but due to an eye injury he withdrew due to fight fatigue; Ugas emerged as a formidable late replacement who used his jab, reach and counterpunching against him with great effect; leaving many fans questioning what his future in boxing would hold after such a loss; although Pacquiao hinted that retirement may occur or perhaps another matchup against Ugas could happen soon thereafter.
- Josh Taylor vs Jose Ramirez: On May 22, 2021 at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Josh Taylor achieved unification of all four major belts by defeating former WBC and WBO champion Jose Ramirez via unanimous decision. As such, Taylor became first British fighter ever to hold all four major weight class titles simultaneously; sixth ever fighter in history overall; dropping Ramirez twice during the fight (one each round) using speed, power, ring IQ to outwit Ramirez’s hearty determination throughout.
- Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley: Jake Paul, an amateur boxer known for his YouTube videos and professional boxing career, improved to an undefeated record by defeating former UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley by split decision in Cleveland Ohio at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse on August 29, 2021. Paul, who at 24 had already knocked out former NBA player Nate Robinson and former MMA fighter Ben Askren with ease, faced his toughest test yet in Woodley, who at 39 had lost four UFC fights prior to meeting Paul in a bout. Paul used his size, reach and jab to control distance and pace during their fight while Woodley used powerful shots that rocked Paul – especially during the fourth round. While some observers felt Woodley did enough to win while others believed Paul deserved victory, both fighters agreed on a rematch conditional on Woodley getting a tattoo that reads “I love Jake Paul”.
There are numerous experts and pundits providing analysis on boxing. Topics may range from which fighters should win their fights to latest trends and their impacts on future of sport. Here are some respected voices you should listen to for expert insight:
- Max Kellerman: Max Kellerman is known for being an insightful and knowledgeable analyst of boxing. Since the 1990s, he has covered this sport, interviewing some of its biggest fights and fighters while commentating on numerous fights – also with keen observations that can provoke passionate discussions or debate on any subject related to boxing. He can often be found hosting ESPN’s Max on Boxing as well as co-hosting First Take. He is well known for his sharp yet insightful observations that offer insightful analysis as well as passion and challenge on any topic related to boxing.
- Andre Ward: Former undisputed light heavyweight champion and Olympic gold medalist, Ward is widely considered one of the greatest fighters of his generation, amassing an undefeated record with 32 wins and 16 knockouts before retiring in 2017 to become an analyst and commentator for ESPN and DAZN. Renowned for his expertise and impartial commentary as well as respect and admiration for fighters and the sport, Ward remains revered today.
- Claressa Shields: Claressa Shields is an undisputed middleweight and super welterweight champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist who boasts an unblemished record of 11 victories with 2 knockouts en route to two consecutive Olympic gold medals in boxing – becoming the first American boxer (male or female) ever to do so. Additionally, she is one of the greatest female fighters ever and currently pursues mixed martial arts while maintaining her boxing titles while known for her outspoken confidence, advocacy efforts, leadership qualities as well as strong advocacy.