Thelma Riley is a British educator who is best known as the former spouse of rock legend Ozzy Osbourne. She was married to the Black Sabbath singer from 1971 to 1982 and had two children with him.
She also had a son from a previous relationship whom Osbourne adopted. Here are some facts about Thelma Riley and her life with Ozzy Osbourne.
How They Met
Table of Contents
- Thelma Riley met Ozzy Osbourne in 1971 at a nightclub called Rum Runner in Birmingham, where she worked.
- They dated for a few months and got married in July of the same year.
- She had a son named Elliot Kingsley from her earlier relationship, who was born in 1966. Osbourne adopted him after their marriage.
- They also had two biological children together: Jessica Starshine Osbourne, born in 1972, and Louis John Osbourne, born in 1975.
Why They Divorced
- Thelma Riley and Ozzy Osbourne had a turbulent marriage due to his substance abuse and infidelity issues.
- Osbourne was fired from Black Sabbath in 1979 for his erratic behavior and drug problems. He then pursued a solo career with the help of his manager Sharon Arden, who later became his second wife.
- Osbourne cheated on Riley several times with different women, including Arden. He also neglected his family and admitted that he could not remember his children’s birthdays.
- Riley and Osbourne divorced in 1982 after 11 years of marriage.
Where Are They Now
- Thelma Riley decided to stay away from the spotlight after her divorce from Ozzy Osbourne. She continued to work as a school teacher in Leicestershire, England.
- She remarried a man named Chris and has three grandchildren from her daughter Jessica.
- Ozzy Osbourne married Sharon Arden in 1982 and had three more children with her: Aimee, Kelly, and Jack. He also became a reality TV star with his family on The Osbournes.
- He is still active as a musician and has released 12 solo albums and one reunion album with Black Sabbath. He has also struggled with various health issues and has been sober since 2013
Q. When was Thelma Riley born?
A. Thelma Riley was born on May 17, 1954 in England.
Q. What is Thelma Riley’s net worth?
A. Thelma Riley’s net worth is not publicly known, but she reportedly received a large settlement from Ozzy Osbourne after their divorce.
Q. What is Thelma Riley’s ethnicity?
A. Thelma Riley is white.
Q. How old is Thelma Riley’s son Elliot?
A. Elliot Kingsley is 55 years old as of 2021. He is an actor and musician who has appeared in films like The Last Kingdom and The Crown