A cumulative list of documents required to apply for a marriage loan: Hosting a grand wedding ceremony is every individual’s dream as marriage is a once in a lifetime affair. Since this type of affair is usually not a low-cost one, people end up spending lakhs of rupees in a day. While some couples are privileged to make their wedding dreams come true, some struggle to make ends meet to host a lavish marriage ceremony. But now with the availability of personal loans, it has now become possible for couples to make their marriage into a grand event. Be it your own wedding or that of your son or daughter, a personal loan for marriage can come to your rescue to help you celebrate your D-day with much joy.
A cumulative list of documents required to apply for a marriage loan
What is a marriage loan?
A marriage loan is an unsecured loan that can be availed to cater to all types of wedding expenses such as paying the caterer, buying gifts, buying a wedding dress, booking venue, booking honeymoon tickets and others. This type of loan is offered without any security that means that the lender is at high risk under this type of agreement. Thus, with a wedding loan, your assets are not at risk as the money is disbursed into your bank account without any security.
Documents that you need to apply for a marriage loan
Getting a personal loan for a wedding does not require you to go through any lengthy documentation process. Instead, the money is disbursed on the basis of the below list of documents that can be uploaded online. The requirement of loan documents may vary from lender to lender.
PAN card: Known as Permanent Account Number, PAN card is a common identification document that can be provided as an identity proof when applying for a marriage loan. This document can also be utilized while filing taxes, applying for a secured loan, investing in mutual funds and other purposes. You can also provide Aadhar card, passport or driving license as an identity proof when applying for an unsecured personal loan.
Address proof: Banks require you to produce an address proof that is an important part of the KYC process to be followed as per the guidelines of the RBI. Without a valid address proof, lenders do not process your loan application. You can provide Aadhar card, utility bill, Passport or driving license as an address proof. Few online lenders in India also verify the address proof by visiting the borrower’s place of residence. Not providing the correct address proof may lead to instant rejection of the loan.
Salary: This is an important document as it verifies your income and your employment details. Few lenders in India might not approve your loan application if you don’t have a salary slip, whereas some lenders offer loans simply on the basis of the said document. So, in case if you are not receiving the payslip from your employer, then it’s time you ask for it from your company’s HR department. Some lenders require you to submit the past 6 months’ salary slip, whereas some require last 3 months slip.
Bank statement: Lenders in India require you to submit a bank statement to verify your income details mentioned in your salary slip. Few lenders ask you to submit physical copies in PDF format whereas few do an online verification that helps them verify your bank details. Your bank statement also helps lenders assess your income to debt ratio that helps them understand your repayment capacity.
List of documents required for self-employed individuals applying for a marriage loan
- One passport size photograph
- One identity proof such as PAN card, Aadhar card, driving license or Passport
- One address proof such as Aadhar card, utility bill, passport or driving license
- Proof of business existence i.e. shop establishment statement
- Business ownership documents like a utility bill, maintenance bill or property documents
- Income proof like past 3 months income tax return, past 3 months current and savings account bank statements
Benefits of marriage loan
- Digital process: If you think that the only way to get a personal loan for marriage is to go a bank and apply for it, then you are wrong. You can now apply for a wedding loan online in India as the process is now digital and helps you get instant approval. Without any lengthy form filling process and paperwork availing the loan has now become easy.
- No collateral needed: Unlike traditional lenders, online lenders don’t require you to keep any assets as security. You can now avail the loan based on your eligibility criteria including your employment status, credit score, age and other factors.
- Flexible repayment tenure: With digital loans, you can choose a repayment tenure that suits your needs. The loan amount you avail can be paid off in easy EMIs in 12 months-60 months.
- Builds credit score: If you’re getting married and you plan to buy a house in the future for your spouse or having several dreams to fulfil with him/her, then availing a personal loan helps as timely repayments improve your credit score. Having a good score further makes it easy for you to get more loans in future.
Weddings are one of the important events in one’s life. Ánd to help you celebrate your big day in a happy way a marriage loan is all that you need to ensure you don’t miss out on those special moments of life.