Headphones and earphones have become one of the important gadgets that are always with us even when we run, in bed, on the train, or on the plane. When you look for a perfect headphone or an earphone for yourself, identify the purpose of using them whether it is for casual listening or monitoring studio recordings.
Different headphone will be better for different situations. Therefore, get the basic knowledge before choosing the right model for your purpose.
Difference between headphones and earphones
Headphone can be both for home studios and high-end ones for more critical audio work like recording and mixing. Earphones are also called earbuds or in-ear headphones that come with a portable mp3 player.
When you are looking for the best speakers headphones & headsets of your choice, check with the brand Soundcore, which offers a range of extravagant musical accessories like true-wireless, over-ear headphones and speakers for party and home audio. heir earbuds have been endorsed by GRAMMY-winning artists and audio producers who find their products to have amazing detail with power and depth for creating an immersive listening experience. Log on to their website and order your favorite speakers or headphones today to enjoy an amazing musical experience with their products. Get an 18-month hassle-free warranty with lifetime customer support.
Types of headphones
There are three basic variations of headphone styles:
- Over-ear: They are also known as Circum-aural headphone. They are classic, and original style, surround your ear and come as closed and open. Closed ones keep your music in while open-back ones have openings that let the sound in and outside.
- On-ear: Also known as Supra-aural. They are smaller and lighter and stay on your head and directly on your ears like earmuffs. They also come in open and closed variations.
- Open-air: Also known as open-back headphones, they can be either circum-aural or supra-aural, but the back of each earpiece is open allowing sound to escape freely. They do not make a good choice for recording studio applications.
- In-ear: They are often called earbuds or earphones and are the smallest of the three types. Since they are more portable and water or swear resistant, they make an excellent choice while working out.
- Wireless headphones: They operate on Bluetooth but are more expensive. They also need to be charged.
How to choose good headphones?
1. Comfortable and fits well
Wear a headphone for 20 minutes before deciding its comfort. Go for larger ear cups when selecting closed-back, circum-aural headphones. For a longer period, the super-light portable headphones with foam pads are the best.
If your headphone are light, put them in a protective case when not in use. Check the hinges for sturdiness if they are fold-ups.
Get lightweight portables for listening during physical activities. Heavy closed-back circumaural is best for heavy studio work. Fold-up designs protect the headphones when in transit.
While choosing the right kind of headphones and earphones, buy from a reputed dealer to get a complete warranty. Get what you paid for to enjoy an amazing musical experience.